This has been my go-to breakfast lately. Although, I’ve been playing around with how much and what kinds of super foods I throw in the blender at the last minute. Today it was spirulina and a little more than usual. Go easy with the spirulina at first because I think it tastes a tad grassy if you use too much and can over power your smoothie. Its also the reason this green monster looks a bit like sludge.
Ignore that because its tastes superb. And the thickness makes it almost like a milkshake. You could eat this whole thing with a spoon.
Paul thinks green monsters are “weird” and that I’m going to wake him up with my blender about 6 days a week. Which I may. He’ll get over it.
Because I just cannot get enough of this thin mint flavor! Plus it was a great way to finish up the baby spinach in my fridge before I high-tail it to Costa Rica for a little R and R before I lock myself away to study for the bar.
Thin Mint Green Monster
- 5-6 ice cubes
- 1 cup unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Green SuperFood– Chocolate
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach (or kale, or any other greens you want)
- 1 scoop Chocolate Sun Warrior Protein Powder
- 1/2 Tbls. Cocoa powder (I used 100% cacoa)
- 1 tsp. Spirulina Powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. of peppermint extract
- About 1 tsp. Glucomannan (You can also use xatham or guar gum for thickening effect)
Add all ingredients to blender. Blend. Pour and enjoy.